Emotion is a psychological state that is the result of three components; an experience, a physiological response and an expressive reaction. Experiences and our reactions to them constitute our life. Emotions are also termed feelings. Anger, love, trust, joy, fear, grief and panic are some examples of emotions. An emotion is a specific and short duration reaction to a sudden event and is different from mood. Mood is a general feeling that exists for longer period like anxiety, satisfaction, happiness and sadness.
Do you know that chronic pain does not always associate with a physical injury? According to recent researches, emotional issues too can lead to chronic pain. Are you suffering from any pain related to emotions? Here is a list to understand such pains.
1. Headaches: This is the most common way of your body telling you that it needs some attention urgently. Most of the headaches are the results of stress and basically headaches indicate that the body needs rest and relaxation.
2. Neck pain: Neck pains are bigger than just disturbance. It could be your body’s message to you to get free from the guilt feeling. Don’t carry guilt around, forgive yourself and others and get relieved from neck pain. Meditation or open discussion with somebody helps you to fight neck pain.
3. Shoulder pain: ‘Carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders’, could lead to shoulder pain. Realise that some of the problems are beyond your control.
4. Upper back pain: Feeling that you are lacking emotional support result in upper back pain. Steady your relationships with people, strengthen the bonds with your friends and relatives and socialize. Feel the difference.
5. Lower back pain: It is often seen in people with financial burden. Bring back order in financial life and control expenditure. Make saving a habit and get relief from the pain.
6. Hip pain: Hip pain is often the result of feeling stuck or fear to move on. It could be a sign of not wanting to make a big decision that you might be avoiding for a while. Facing fear is the only option to get rid of this pain.
7. Knee pain: Knee pain results from the adamant attitude that you like things your way only. For you, it is difficult to give other people recognition or allow them to take credit for something. Your unwillingness to bend results in knee pain.
If you have any of the above symptoms, it’s time to take care without resorting to medication.
Control Emotions; Control Pains
Emotion is a psychological state that is the result of three components; an experience, a physiological response and an expressive reaction. Experiences and our reactions to them constitute our life. An emotion is a specific and short duration reaction to a sudden event.